CERG Programme: Cognitive, emotional and relational support from parents
Trim size in cm: 21x29,7
Publication date: 01/03/2014
Suitable for: Primary 1st level (ages 6-7), Primary 2nd level (ages 8-10), Lower secondary 1st level (ages 10-11), Lower secondary 2nd level (ages 12-13)
It has by now been demonstrated that interventions for children with attention deficit or hyperactivity disorders must also include work with their parents. CERG (Cognitive, emotional and relational support from parents) groups represent an alternative to the classic cognitive-behavioural type programme. This new programme came about from the need to pay greater attention to cognitive aspects and the experiences of parents.
This book offers a series of group activities based on the CERG experience which are dedicated to the parents of children with ADHD. The aim of this training programme is to bring out, rouse, reprocess and transform the thoughts, emotions and the relational methods of these parents.
This particular programme introduces some innovative concepts compared to all other approaches:
– emphasis is on cognitive aspects, in addition to behavioural ones;
– a great deal of attention is given to the emotional and relational aspects involved in the educational style of the parents and in their experiences;
– specific ways of developing the topics of the meetings are introduced.
– Interventions for children with ADHD and the work with their parents.
– CERG groups: functioning and features
– Meeting's analysis