From prerequisites to learning joined-up writing
Trim size in cm: 21x29,7
Pages: 238 pages + 28 colour sheets enclosed
Publication date: 01/03/2017
Suitable for: Nursery 2nd Level (ages 4-5), Primary 1st level (ages 6-7)
Conceived as the practical companion to Teaching writing, this book offers practical tips and pencil and paper materials so that children can acquire mastery in writing spontaneously through play.
The book contains more than 150 worksheets divided up into seven sections:
• You don’t just write with your hand but with your whole body
• Skills needed to learn writing
• Components at the basis of learning writing correctly
• Organising graphic space
• An introduction to joined-up writing
• The distinctive strokes of letters
• Joined-up writing, «the pleasure of writing».
The book can be used by nursery school teachers (for acquiring the essential prerequisites to ease and spontaneity in writing), by primary school teachers (for teaching the correct methodology for joined-up writing), by support teachers and educators (for individualised teaching aimed at remediating any graphomotor difficulties) and by rehabilitators and clinicians (for correct retraining in writing in the event of dysgraphia).
It comes with a phonological alphabet wall mural and online resources where «word cards» can be downloaded for working on sentences.
- Joined-up writing
- Reading and writing: two skills which you acquire at the same time
- You don't just write with your hand but with your whole body
- Skills needed to learn writing
- Components at the basis of learning writing correctly
- Organising graphic space
- An introduction to joined-up writing
- The distinctive strokes of letters
- Joined-up writing, «the pleasure of writing».