The intelligent diary for organising and managing homework, materials preparation and school commitments
Trim size in cm: 29,7x21
Pages: 176 colorful pages + stickers + detachable guide for teachers and parents
Publication date: 01/05/2014
Suitable for: Primary 1st level (ages 6-7), Primary 2nd level (ages 8-10), Lower secondary 1st level (ages 10-11)
Devised by Gianluca Daffi and Cristina Prandolini the DIARIO START – an Erickson revolution in school diaries – is available in a new version!
The DIARIO START is based on methodology which enables key competences to be developed:
– preparing work Space both at school and at home properly;
– setting and respecting homework Timing;
– planning the Activities needed in order to complete homework and reach the educational goals set by the teacher;
– organising Reviewing of homework, both in the execution phase and after completing it, in order to monitor if timing has been respected;
– Transferring, or in other words, consciously reusing skills learnt in similar homework tasks.
Watch the presentation video
Have a look at some pictures from the DIARIO START – Adventures at the bottom of the sea
In order to develop key competences the DIARIO START offers:
Also available is the version DIARIO START – Adventures at the bottom of the sea
START IS THE FIRST TRULY INCLUSIVE PLANNER!
We have deliberately not made any explicit reference to disorders or other difficulties in the planner so that children do not feel and are not treated as being «different», with ensuing negative effects on self-confidence and motivation.
The Planner is therefore perfect for helping children with Special Educational Needs, but can be used by the whole class.
• Weekly scanning of the school calendar
• Ample space to write homework instructions and teachers’ suggestions
• Timeline for positioning the current week in the school year
• Sheets and tables for learning how to plan revision for a test over a period of time
• List of monthly objectives
• Games and activities for developing metacognitive abilities
• Guide on timetables, teachers and the materials needed for each subject
• Coloured stickers
The intelligent diaries for organising and managing homework, materials preparation and school commitments
By using the START DIARIES every day children will learn to manage their study time better and to develop key organisational skills which will act as the foundations for school success; preparing their school bag, keeping track of test dates, identifying goals to be reached etc.
Devised by Gianluca Daffi and Cristina Prandolini the START DIARIES - an Erickson revolution in school diaries – is available in a new version!
The START DIARIES is based on a methodology which enables key competences to be developed:
A workspace for learning how to plan revision for a test over a period of time, revision can be strategically split up over several days.
List of monthly objectives to help children focus on areas for improvement, which they can check at the end of the month on the review page.
Games and activities designed to develop metacognitive abilities in a classroom setting.
Guide sheets for focusing clearly on:
Colored stickers for highlighting missing materials, upcoming tests or important school commitments on the pages of the planner.